Wednesday, August 18, 2010

I found myself while I was away...

Sorry that I've been such a bad blogger lately, I thought I was well when I wrote my last post, but then I relapsed. I felt so lousy, and though I'm not completely better, I finally feel well enough to blog again! It's exactly eleven days until I go to school and I haven't packed at all yet, also because of my illness. I was going to try to today, but I want to get some sleep (I haven't gotten a good night's sleep in forever). My problem with packing is that I want to bring all of my clothes, which isn't possible when you have a dorm room the size of a lifer's prison cell (actually, maybe theirs is a little bigger).  I am a little worried about what will happen to the blog when I get to college. Who will take my pictures? Will I have time for it? I haven't yet told my roommate, because I don't know how to explain fashion blogging, but it seems like she would understand because she loves creative things. I'll tell her sometime...

Dress: H&M
Clogs: Jeffrey Campbell via FreePeople.com
Ring: Slightly sketchy jewelery store in a ghetto mall


On a different note, look at that awesome connector ring on my fingers! Isn't it the best. I've been loving connector rings for a while, but I haven't been able to wear any because of my chubby fingers. I'm usually a size eight in rings, but in those pesky connector rings both finger holes are the same size, despite the well known fact that middle fingers are chubbier that ring fingers (I don't actually know if that's a well known fact, it's just a characteristic I observed in my own fingers). Anyways, I went to this really ghetto mall in a town I've never been in, with my sister and a bunch of her college friends. There Anna (my sister), Brianna (her friend), and I decided not to go into the normal stores, but the strange ones, like this giant dollar store, a wood carving store, and a store called Pretty Woman that sold bedazzled braziers. Somehow during or strange excursion, we ended up at this accessory store that was kind of shady, but surprisingly, despite it's sketchy exterior, it had some pretty amazing jewelry. I found these amazing connector rings that had stretchy ring holes! Finally there was a solution to my fat finger dilemma. So now I'm finally rocking the connector ring and loving it!


Also another thing, I just entered this contest on Chictopia called the Make Life Juicy contest by Juicy Couture. So basically, you enter an outfit photo and say how you make our life juicy. As you guys know, I'm not exactly the most glamorous person in the world but I wrote this...

How do I make life Juicy? Do I go to the most exclusive and fabulous parties? No. Do I go on extravagant shopping sprees? No. Do I carry around a small yippee dog with an emasculating name? No. Today I studied some textbooks so I can know the material before college classes start. Then I picked up my room and went to the grocery store. Glamorous, right? Okay, so maybe I don’t lead the most exotic life (I’m actually quite the nerd), but I make it juicy with the smallest things. First of all I always get dressed up, no matter where I’m going. Going to Wal-Mart to buy some storage boxes for school I wore a dress and high heeled clogs. Practical, no. But very juicy! I also make sure I am always wearing a large and impractical ring, usually with some sort of bedazzled animal on it. Granted, I can’t do much in them, but they make me feel important, like some sort of Maleficent like villain (check Sleeping Beauty for the reference). The component that makes my life the most juicy is my blog The Girl in the Paper Dress . Every time I take pictures I feel like a supermodel, though I am only a nerdy 18 year old bio major. Every time I update it with my thoughts or talk about events in my life, it makes my life just a little more important. During these three months of blogging, this mostly narcissistic practice has made my life a little juicier.

Here's a link the the Chictopia post: CLICK HERE
 

Listening to: The Orchard by Ra Ra Riot

(I love orchards, FUN FACT: I actually live on a part of an old apple orchard)

17 comments:

  1. You look great!
    And how spooky is it that we start college so soon!? Oh my word!

    I hope you feel tons better. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are too sweet! Your incredible compliment made my day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the connector ring like crazy! ( I have a tubbier middle finger too-haha)

    I hope you feel better soon! It's never a good thing to be sick, but it's even worse when it's taking up your last free weeks before school.

    -Weezy from http://beautysimplistic.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Firstly, I'm so jealous that you live on an old orchard. I effing love orchards.

    Secondly, THOSE CLOGS! They look amazing with your dress! Waahhh!

    Thirdly: Good luck with the Juicy contest! <3

    Fourthly: You should totally tell your roommate about your blog and make her take your photos for you. That would be so fun. XD Also, you can make your parents mail you more clothes with care packages once you've already moved. My parents lived in the same freaking city as me when I was in the dorms, but they still sent care packages. So I'm sure yours will. Parents love that kind of stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  5. love your shoes & your adorable writing!

    http://www.benchesandchandeliers.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this outfit! Adorable dress and perfect clogs, so lovely xx sharon

    http://sundayschooltime.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your way of making life 'juicy' is much more fun than partying and shopping sprees :) It's real!

    Bea from A plus B

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have absolutely awesome taste!

    http://sevenstylenotes.blogspot.com/

    -Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  9. super cute! i love ur ring :)

    natalieoffduty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I Love everything about this outfit and you look gorgeous!

    http://my-favourite-fashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am loving your connector ring! I was planning to buy one in Forever21 but my mom told me that I already bought tons of things. Haha. Your pretty btw :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Jeffrey Campbell's shoes are best! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I really like your blog! The style is very cool :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. looooove your shoes!! so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Don't worry about telling your roommates about your blog. I started mine while at school last year and all my roommates love reading it! Also, really love your dress in this post. The most difficult thing about posting at school for me is finding the time and finding good places to take photos! Good luck. :)
    http://isabellasfashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Critiques, questions, and admiration is much obliged ♥

I'll try to get back to you as soon as possible
-Catherine