Monday, July 4, 2011

The Blues are Still Blue... (my first real post in a very long time)

Look what I did... I acually posted as promised!

Right now I am sitting infront of my computer as I watch Twin Peaks on Netflix and eat an egg salad sandwich. What a wonderful way to start out the Fourth of July.

Dress: Vintage
Shoes: Forever 21
 Before any of this happened though I got all dolled up and took a few outfit pictures before the heat became unbearable. I had the perfect outfit for this festive day. I actually got this vintage dress freshman year of highschool, actually it was first authentic vintage dress. The greatest thing is that it still fits. And truthfully I can't think of anything else to say right now. I'll come up with something. My head is currently swimming with visions of fireworks and hot dogs  and swimming, and the exciting happenings in Twin Peaks...


By the way this is actually my first time wearing these espadrilles. I got them a while ago but I never wear heels, they are just to restrictive for my everyday running around. Unfortunatley, I love buying heels so maybe I should put them into good use...

What else to talk about let's see... Well on Wednesday I'm heading to New Jersey to see  a few friends, and play a few shows with my band. Fun stuff right? Actually it's a tremendous amount of fun and our band sounds fantastic. Really. If you haven't read any of my recent posts my band is called, "Underwater Country Club" and we have a fan page on the Facebook. And if you can, come to one of our shows. They are so much fun. What I'm really excited for is Saturday's show in New York City at a venue called Arlene's Grocery. The Strokes played one of their first shows there. We actually played there in the winter, but they liked us so much that we were called back for their best of night. Here's the link to the event if you want to go (It's 21+) LINK. Here's a list of our shows in the next week, see if you can come out for one of them, maybe even shoot me an e-mail for more info:



Friday July 8th, Mill Creek Tavern
Philadelphia



So I guess this is goodbye. Until tomorrow...

Listening to: The Blues are Still Blue by Belle and Sebastian

5 comments:

  1. I absolutely love your dress and your vintage style! Good luck at your gigs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your dress is so gorgeous! <3 I love love love the vintage print!


    x
    Lost in the Haze

    ReplyDelete
  3. That dress really is perfect for the fourth of July! It looks lovely on you :)
    And if I wasn't too young I would totally try to make it to your show at Arlene's Grocery. Ah, well. Maybe next time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That dress is lovely and just perfect for the fourth of July. <3

    ReplyDelete

Critiques, questions, and admiration is much obliged ♥

I'll try to get back to you as soon as possible
-Catherine