Monday, June 21, 2010

Chictopia (sounds like a magical land)...

So, I've been taking a little break from blogging, a three day hiatus to be more exact. The thing is, I've been having issues with taking pictures. I've learned that every blogger needs a tripod and this one needs money for a tripod, I wonder how much a really cheap one would cost? This Saturday I was planning on going to some esate sales and doing a photo shoot in a historic cemetry, which to my dismay did not happen. But I did start my own Chictopia account!!!!!! It's fun and I hope some if you could check it out. It's the same photos as on the blog. Then on Sunday I was going to make up for my lack of shopping by going to a flea market early yesterday morning which also did not happen since I woke up at 11. However, I redeemed myself becuase yesterday, right before it was going to turn dark, I decided to take some outfit photos and get back into the game! So here they are...


Hair ribbon: laundry room
White camisole: H&M
Belt: Thrifted
Shorts: My mom's, 90's Ralph Lauren
Shoes: Jeffery Campbell
Purse: Thrifted
 
So I'm going to talk about these shorts a little. They were my mom's in the 90's and they are huge on me. However, I made them into a really east DIY project. Anyone can fit into any sizeshorts. All you have to do is pull them up to your waist and belt them. Then make sure the scruched waist appers to be a paper bag waist. Then just roll up the legs to the desired length, volia! perfect high waisted shorts.


Here's a really great vintage snake ring I got last week. I am obsessed with animal rings now a days!

 
Here are my beloved Jeffery Campbell shoes.

Also I changed the background, header, the overall style of my blog. Like, dislike, any suggestions? If you do I would love some constructive critisism, I'm totally stuck on what to do about the blog's format.

Listening to: The Postmarks album on my record player

1 comment:

  1. I actually came across your blog through Chictopia ;)!

    Enjoy your three day hiatus! Haha, I make my sister take my pictures for me so that covers the "tripod" issue. Though, when she's grumpy, I usually set it up on a rock or something. Okay, not the greatest solution but whatever....

    Love the colour of your shorts! So FUN.

    Check out mine?
    QUIRKYEXPLOSION.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Critiques, questions, and admiration is much obliged ♥

I'll try to get back to you as soon as possible
-Catherine